Saturday, May 23, 2015

Walking in the FOOTSTEPS (that's a Pearl Jam song) of THE RAMONES!

For years, I've been wanting to visit the neighborhood that gave us THE RAMONES. Today, I took the Long Island Railroad from Penn Station to Forest Hills and walked around, while listening to Soundgarden's King Animal. Around the station, there is the shopping area of Austin Street, but if you walk south on 71st Ave, you will see one million dollar home after the next.



My next destination was The Lemon Ice King of Corona. The Q23 bus got me there in 15 minutes. I can't think of ever having had better Italian ice. I tried 4 different flavors. They don't mix them, so that was my only choice.

From there, it was about a 10 minute walk to The Queens Night Market near the New York Hall of Science in Flushing Meadows Corona Park. I was really glad I went. The market was very International and I would certainly go again.





After leaving the night market, it was about a 10 minute walk to the 111th St train station. The 7 train had me back to Bryant Park in 30 minutes. The walk & the subway ride gave me enough time to listen to my 2nd favorite U2 album, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment